THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kelley Green

When I was little I used to sing a song called 'Colors.' Here's a little taste..."This is a song about colors,colors. You see them all around. There is red on a stop sign, green on a tree, blue in the sky and sea."  You might ask why I am recounted this childhood tune...well let me answer.


Today a group of us got together to help my buds the Dief's paint their new coffee/ cupcake shop.  Visit their website www.cuppiesandjoe.com.  It's great, but I digress.  As we were all painting throughout the shop we started talking about what color is everyone.  This is not what color looks good on you, but more what color do you personify.  So after much debate here were our conclusions.  We got excited and decided to step off the typical color-wheel,  and to quote my roommate, "who wants to be a primary color?"

Callie Moore-canary yellow
Matt Neal- flint grey
Dulce Garcia- ruby
Mark Clifford- midnight blue
Elizabeth Dief- burnt sienna
Megan Dief- olive green
Katie Dief- summer peach
Mama Dief- lavender
Papa Dief- brick red
And me...Kelley Green

So am I Kelley Green?  Those of you who know these people...would you agree?  For those of you who don't know these people...I hope you do soon, because they are splendid.  So these are the quirky things we do on Sunday afternoons.  

What color are you?  If you don't know,  I would be happy to make a suggestion (I think I have a gift).

5 comments:

michelle said...

i think kelly green is perfect.

wanna know why? because when i think of kelly green, i immediately think of ...

Freshman year.
canoeing t-shirts.
tornadoes.
and Serena.

and that my friends .... is awesome. :)


pick my color oh gifted one ... :) love love.

Martha said...

i agree with michelle...you are definitely kelly green.

on one hand i think, how can a color define a person? on the other hand, it totally makes sense.

question: what happens with the colorblind folk? how would they know what color they were? i don't know.

anyways, pick mine pick mine!

Monica said...

ah yes, kelly green... blaire bender... kelly green... yes. when i think of blaire i think of fall. the other day i went to the dog park and the most gorgeous batch of leaves were all clustered together on the side walk. they were all sorts of colors and it made me miss you b/c out of everyone i know you would have loved it the most.

i think i'm a deep red.

can't wait to come to oklahoma to get a cupcake!

John and Sarah said...

I would say brown...but Im not sure. Blaire..what color am I? I think I would say you are brown because your wearing brown in your facebook picture...which I know doesnt count. I dont know if I would agree with kelly green though....I really enjoye reading your blog by the way

John and Sarah said...

Oh and my first thought when you said that you used to sing that song when you were little was, "oh good times in highschool when Im sure you sang it then too." always loved your little kid songs:) I miss you!